THE PEOPLE CENTRIC APPROACH:
For the HR director to consider
- Reviewing pre-pandemic working patterns versus potential post-pandemic approaches
- Considering new work routines and behaviours to keep employees safe from future COVID-19 outbreaks?
- Reviewing the layout of work floors to ensure new ways of collaborating and communicating?
- Reviewing future meeting rooms – what are the max. capacities? Do we need to develop new meeting formats?
- Nudging new safe behaviours to ensure safe distances, when being together?
- Learnings from the work from home experiences, to provide new productive home working opportunities in the future
THE SPACE CENTRIC APPROACH:
For the CFO to consider
- Does your current use of space meet short- and long-term needs?
- Does your work from home experience give any indication for a different use of the office space?
- Do you need indicators for future maximum employee capacity in your office buildings/across building portfolio?
- Could you benefit from reviewing exits on lease agreements, or sublease of excess square meters?