Do you want to be part of an innovative company that has initiated the execution of a global growth strategy? And do you want to be part of a passionated team of enthusiasts? Are you committed and passionated, and want to head and develop our UK office?
If the answer to the above questions is “Yes”, you may be our new Head of the UK office.
SIGNAL is a multidisciplinary consultancy, working with space design as a strategic tool to enhance performance, through linking corporate, people and facility performance. We help clients activate their organisational potential, by using space to improve the way employees communicate, innovate, and collaborate, based on unique data collection, analysis and application. We link people and culture with future strategies of organisations and focus on how optimal space design can enhance relationships between people, so that well-being and quality is unleashed, and ultimately will add value for all stakeholders. SIGNAL’s ambition is to be the global leader in Strategic Workplace Management and Design.
SIGNAL is owned by ISS Group and is the Workplace Global Centre of Excellence. ISS is one of the world’s largest employers and is acknowledged as a leader in workplace experience and facility management. Among its customers are some of the world’s strongest brands and leading companies, and these are therefore SIGNAL’s core customers.
We are currently in the process of an exciting growth journey. In addition to our existing offices in Copenhagen, Oslo and London, we are planning to set up teams in other regions where ISS has a strong representation and is working with global strategic customers
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a committed and passionate leader who will join in the journey of developing SIGNAL and execute on the visions and strategic targets we have for the future. As Head of SIGNAL UK you will be in charge of the UK’s operations and development of the SIGNAL organisation in the UK which primarily focused on ISS’s Global Corporate Clients. It is a diverse role, and the responsibility and tasks vary from strategy and business development to management of the UK employees, sales, project management and daily operations. You will be working closely with SIGNAL’s Executive Management – Gitte Andersen, Per Feldthaus and Trine Lops – and will report directly to Gitte Andersen who is Head of Global Workplace Management Design for the Global Coporate Clients (GCC).
We opened the UK office in 2018 and are in the process of establishing the structure and the right team We are heading large strategic projects for global customers from this office and as a result are experiencing a lot of growth. As Head of SIGNAL UK, you will be instrumental in driving and managing this growth and the development of the office.The majority of tasks performed by you would be related to sales and execution of projects, and fewer hours would be related to administration and management of the office and the team.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the daily management and operations of SIGNAL UK, including Profit & Loss responsibility
- Overall responsibility for coordinating and staffing of projects in the UK
- Development of SIGNAL UK as a ”great place to work”– both socially and professionally. We want you to develop a strong culture and a global mindset, where cooperation, creativity and innovation is the core of what we do. All aligned with global SIGNAL guidelines
- Close co-operation with Head of Operations and Support Services regarding People & Culture (HR) Legal matters, Finance and resource allocation. Ensure SIGNAL’s culture, methods, processes etc. are implemented at the UK office
- Responsible for recruiting new employees, development of staff and ensuring SIGNAL’s tools and concepts are implemented
- Establish and develop a solid network to ISS key stakeholders in the UK with sales responsibility for GCC and Key Accounts
- Co-operate with SIGNAL’s Communications Managerto ensure SIGNAL’s activites in the UK are communicated externally.
External (customers and market) tasks
- Develop and execute sales and market strategies in close co-operation with the Executive Management
- Contribute actively with sales on GCC’s and Key Accounts, including sales meetings, preparing commercial offers and establishing a pipeline of projects for the UK
- Work as trusted adviser for SIGNAL’s strategic core customers – primarily in the UK
- Work proactively and contribute to identifying and developing new business opportunities for SIGNAL
- Work as trusted adviser on specific GCC and Key Account strategic projects, responsible for the progress, quality and finances of the project
- Overall responsibility for quality and delivering according to our promise to our customers
- Contribute to SIGNAL’s visibility and brandbuilding through participation in conferences and networking, presentations and lectures, articles etc.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PROFILE WITH THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
We are looking for a committed and engaged leader, who is passionate about making a difference. We expect that you have a strong background in consultantancy/adviserbusiness and are experienced in managing personnel. We are looking for a colleague who can match the below profile and who has:
- Strong communcations competences
- Able to motivate employees and ensure ownership of the strategic direction and objectives
- Is a competent and respected leader who can both inspire and challenge employees
- Is a passionate teambuilder and networker
- Is outgoing and outreaching in order to generate sales and has a strong experience with this
- Has extensive experience as a consultant and trusted advisor
- Strong competences within strategy, change management and design
- Strong network in companies at the C-level and has knowledge of SIGNAL’s core business
- Perseverance and focus on executing SIGNAL’s business strategices and implementing concepts and tools
- Preferably an academic and professional background
This is a very interesting and challenging position where you will be able to make a noticeabledifference. You will join us on our amazing journey of growing SIGNAL from a company primarily based in Denmark and Norway, to a global company working with customers world wide.
You will experience your colleagues as a fantastic team both professionally and socially. And you will also be a part of a large global organisation, where the customers and the projects are both interesting and challenging.
Submit your application, CV and portfolio to Trine Lops, email@example.com before September 16, 2019. You are also welcome to reach out if you have any questions.